Last Revised: February 1, 2020
When and to what this policy applies
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from the Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Note that Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. is a business-to-business, not a consumer, website and that we may also collect information regarding businesses.
Our Website is meant for business-to-business applications and is not intended for anyone under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about an individual under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect about you and how we collect it
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, state or country of origin, website addresses or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your IP Address; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
Some information collected from you is required and some is optional. Your information will remain private unless you authorize us to share it with third parties. Additional information may be gathered during your subsequent use of the Website, whenever you choose to provide it. Certain Personal Information must be supplied to determine eligibility for our services, receive notices from us, to purchase a subscription to our services, participate in transactions through our website, and to verify and guard against potential fraud.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to newsletters or notice alerts, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.This payment information is kept securely by our payment processing service provider(s).
- Your search queries on the Website, which may be used in an aggregated manner to create trend and other statistical reports.
- Files of the images you choose to upload to the Website and any descriptions, tags, categorization or other information that you might choose to provide in connection with such images.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages and you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile once you become a registered user, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions or to whom you choose to share your portfolio of images. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions or your portfolio of images will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. , for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How we use your information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe at the time that you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your prior consent, which consent may be given by changing settings within the privacy section of your account profile once you become a registered user.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, which in turn will be the purposes for which you disclosed it to us.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. ’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address in connection with inviting a new user to the Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us at the time you provide the information.
- With your prior consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. , our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Marketing Communications. We may send you emails from time-to-time about information that we (or third parties) believe may be of interest to you. We may also send you news and offers from us or other third parties, which may include our newsletter or information about special offers, products or offerings, or other items. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving these promotional e-mails, you may follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. You may also opt-out to various marketing communications by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile (once you are a registered user). If you opt-out of receiving emails or promotions from us, we still may send you e-mails about your account, your application or any products or services you have requested or received from us, or for other customer service purposes
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement, cause the information to be incorrect or may cause a situation where Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. will become non-compliant with applicable laws or regulations.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with services. In addition, we are required to keep, retain your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
We may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. takes reasonable steps to safeguard your personal and sensitive information through vigorous physical, electronic, and operational policies and practices. Data can only be read or written through defined service access points, the use of which is password-protected. The physical security of the data is achieved through a combination of network firewalls (there is no direct communication allowed between the database server and the Internet) and servers with operating systems, all housed in a secure facility. Access to the system is controlled.
Further, we also equip our servers with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate technology to ensure that when you connect you are actually on our Website. SSL also ensures that all data entered into the web site is encrypted. To verify that SSL is being used, look for the key or padlock icon on your browser. For further encryption protection, we use a 256-bit secure browser for logins and transactions. Finally, we subject our systems to periodic security audits to ensure that your information is thoroughly protected and secure.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at email@example.com
We also employ session time-outs to protect your account. You will be logged out of the Website automatically after a specified period of inactivity. This time-out feature reduces the risk of others being able to access your account if you leave your computer unattended.
Your password is not known to any employee or third party with whom we may partner, and we will never ask for your password as a means of identifying yourself. You should never share your password with anyone, and if you ever receive an email purporting to come from us that asks for your password, you should immediately report this development to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What You Can Do to Protect Your Privacy
In addition to our own substantial efforts, you can take several precautions to protect the security of your computer and Personal Information. For instance, you can start by using a complex/well-chosen password. You should avoid using any information that others can easily learn about you, such as a family member’s name or birthday; you can also use special characters in place of letters. We also recommend that you change your password frequently. You can also install and regularly update antivirus and firewall software to protect your computer or device from external attacks by malicious users. When you are finished with a session on our site, be sure that you log out and close the browser window.
If you use a computer that is accessed by other people, such as in a public library or Internet cafe, we recommend that you take special precautions to protect the security of your account and personal data. When you are finished using our site, you should log out completely, then close the browser window and clear the browser’s cache files.
You should also be aware of fraudulent attempts to gain access to your account information known as “phishing.” Phishing is a tactic used by scammers in which unsuspecting people are brought to a website by a genuine-looking email purporting to be from a legitimate company. The phony or “spoof” email takes the person to a website that looks legitimate but in fact is not. Either in the email itself or on this fake site, scammers will ask for login information to gain access to people’s accounts and withdraw their money. Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. will never ask you for your login information in the context of any email. In general, you can protect yourself against phishing by never providing personal or login information via an email, instead, go the web site directly. You might also make it a habit to check the URL of a web site to be sure that it begins with the correct domain. You should always ensure the URL begins with https://www.jewelbranding.com.
Changes to This Policy
ATTN: Jason Aquilino, Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. Chief Legal Officer
1117 Antioch Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30319
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Privacy Notice
Purpose of this notice
The Data Controller for personal data
If you are a Data Subject located in a country that has adopted the GDPR, then you have certain rights under the GDPR. These rights can be seen below. Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. will always fully respect your rights regarding the processing of your personal data, and has provided below the details of the person to contact if you have any concerns or questions regarding how we process your data, or if you wish to exercise any rights you have under the GDPR.
If you need contact Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. regarding your rights under the GDPR, please direct your inquiries to:
Jason Aquilino, Chief Legal Officer.
1117 Antioch Dr, Atlanta, GA 30319
Data Protection Principles
Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. has adopted the following principles to govern its collection and processing of Personal Data:
- Personal Data shall be processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner.
- The Personal Data collected from the Data Subject will only be those specifically required to provide the Data Subject with the service(s) he/she has actively chosen to obtain from Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. , including the provision of notifications in connection with such services. Data may be used for other purposes such as marketing additional products and services from Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. and its partners, but you will always have the right to turn such other uses on and off within the privacy section of your user account settings. Such data will only be processed for these purpose.
- Personal Data shall only be retained for as long as it is required to fulfil contractual requirements, comply with accounting and auditing requirements or to generate aggregated statistical information for our internal marketing purposes or the development of statistical reports such as user trend reports.
- Personal Data shall be adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are collected and/or processed. Personal Data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- The Data Subject has the right to request from Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. access to and rectification or erasure of their personal data, to object to or request restriction of processing concerning the data, or to the right to data portability. In each case such a request must be put in writing to the contact above.
- The Data Subject has the right to make a complaint directly to a supervisory authority within their own country. Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. ’s Data Protection compliance is supervised by:
Jason Aquilino, Chief Legal Officer
1117 Antioch Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30319
Personal Data shall only be processed based on the legal basis explained above, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the Data Subject which will always take precedent. If the Data Subject has provided specific additional Consent to the processing, then such consent may be withdrawn at any time (but may then result in an inability to fulfil travel requirements).
Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. will not use personal data for any monitoring or profiling activity or process, and will not adopt any automated decision-making processes.
Transfers to Third Parties
Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. does not share or transfer Personal Data to third party companies.
Transfers outside the EU
Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. is located in the United States and all Personal Data that the Data Subject shares with Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. will be processed and stored by Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. in the United States. When the Data Subject provides Personal Data, it will be transferred to Jewel Branding & Licensing, Inc. and its servers within the United States.
GDPR Appendix – Definitions of certain terms referred to above:
Personal Data: (Article 4 of the GDPR): ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Processing: (Article 4 of the GDPR): means any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data or sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, erasure or destruction.
Legal Basis for Processing: (Article 6 of the GDPR): At least one of these must apply whenever personal data is processed:
- Consent: the individual has given clear consent for the processing of their personal data for a specific purpose.
- Contract: the processing is necessary for compliance with a contract.
- Legal obligation: the processing is necessary to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations).
- Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life.
- Public task: the processing is necessary to perform a task in the public interest, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
- Legitimate interests: the processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of the Data Controller unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
Data Controller: (Article 4 of the GDPR): this means the person or company that determines the purposes and the means of processing personal data.
Data Subject Rights: (Chapter 3 of the GDPR) each Data Subject has eight rights. These are:
- The right to be informed; This means anyone processing your personal data must make clear what they are processing, why, and who else the data may be passed to.
- The right of access; this is your right to see what data is held about you by a Data Controller.
- The right to rectification; the right to have your data corrected or amended if what is held is incorrect in some way.
- The right to erasure; under certain circumstances you can ask for your personal data to be deleted. This is also called ‘the Right to be Forgotten’. This would apply if the personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, or your consent for the processing of that data has been withdrawn, or the personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- The right to restrict processing; this gives the Data Subject the right to ask for a temporary halt to processing of personal data, such as in the case where a dispute or legal case has to be concluded, or the data is being corrected.
- The right to data portability; a Data Subject has the right to ask for any data supplied directly to the Data Controller by him or her, to be provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- The right to object; the Data Subject has the right to object to further processing of their data which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected, including profiling, automation, and direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling; Data Subjects have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.