Don't Be Afraid to Be Different - Be Afraid to Be the Same
Michael Carini received his artistic training in Los Angeles, studying at Loyola Marymount University while simultaneously serving as an apprentice under respected artists Jane Brucker and Roland Reiss. Graduating at the top of his class with honors including the Scholar of Distinction Award in Painting, Carini returned to his hometown in San Diego, where he currently maintains his studio.
- Finalist- Most Modern Art Competition, Pacific Magazine
- People’s Choice Award, “The Art of Transitions,” San Diego Art Department
- Scholar of Distinction, Painting (LMU)
- 3rd Place, “22nd Annual Juried Exhibition,” Laband Gallery
- Sharon Walter Memorial Art Scholarship
- Richards Family Art Scholarship
- Grace Swanson Award for Excellence in Painting
- 1st Place, “21st Annual Juried Exhibition,” Laband Gallery
- Italian Catholic Federation Art Scholarship
- Martin Luther King Jr. Community Choir Art Scholarship
- Bank of America Fine Arts Achievement Award
With over 100 exhibitions nationally and internationally, he has received over a dozen major awards and was named Emerging Artist of the Year by Art Design Consultants in 2017. Carini’s work can be found all over the globe in the collections of celebrities, major businesses, and private collectors.
Community Involvement & Outreach
Michael contributes in a variety of ways to his community – bringing awareness to causes that are personal to him.
- Cold Case Foundation
- Educational Teacher
- Deanne’s Hoodies for Homeless
- Inspirational Speaker
- Suicide Prevention & Mental Health
- San Diego Zoo